Press Releases - 2011
Sigma Systems Achieves Record Growth in 2011
Leading OSS provider reaches more than 160 million services managed, adds new domestic and international customers, secures contracts with Tier 1 operators
Toronto, December 12, 2011 – Sigma Systems, an industry leader in Advanced IP Service Fulfillment solutions, today announced record customer growth for its fiscal year ending September 30, 2011, bringing its total subscriber services under management to over 160 million for its cable and telecommunications customers worldwide.
In FY 2011, Sigma secured contract extensions with several Tier 1 operators and increased its customer reach in both domestic and international markets. The company's customer growth was fueled by the expansion of the company's sales and support presence in key international markets including North America, Latin America, Japan and Europe. Also this year, Sigma launched new OSS solutions, including the IP Video Services Accelerator and the Telco Services Accelerator, which enable cable and telecommunications companies to quickly and profitably deliver new services and realize new revenue opportunities.
"In 2011, Sigma successfully delivered new solutions that enabled our customers to introduce new, innovative services to meet and, in many cases, exceed their customers' expectations," said Tim Spencer, president and COO for Sigma Systems. "We achieved strong year on year growth, with close to 50 per cent of our revenues now being generated in markets outside of North America. In FY 2011, we also marked nine years of profitability. Our success has been driven by customer demand and acceptance of our new solutions, and our focus on increasing our presence and professional services capabilities in key regions including Latin America and Europe. In Latin America alone, we have grown by more than 84% in the last three years and now count Brazil's largest cable operator, Net Serviços, an American Movil subsidiary, among our top customers."
Sigma's new international customer acquisitions include both cable and telecommunications companies that are faced with the challenge of provisioning new services such as IP Video, IPTV, business VoIP and data services, SIP trunking and cloud-enabled services and applications for business and residential customers.
"By focusing on delivering the products, solutions and services that enable our customers to quickly and cost-effectively roll out new services, Sigma has helped companies around the world to grow despite challenging economic conditions," said Spencer.
FY 2011 Highlights
- Italy's Tiscali selected Sigma's Telco Services Accelerator to activate and provision VoIP and broadband data services over FTTx and DSL across its customer base of over 700,000 subscribers.
- Bell Aliant deployed the Telco Services Accelerator to deliver triple-play and business VoIP services on Canada's first "all-IP" FibreOp deployment.
- iTSCOM, JDS and Sigma launched a new multi-tenant OSS managed service offering in Japan, including the deployment of Sigma's Service Management Platform (SMP) and Device Provisioning Manager (DPM) to manage iTSCOM's triple play services, and to support the delivery of a managed service offering to other service providers in the region.
- YouSee, the largest video service company in Denmark, deployed Sigma's SMP to support its high-speed data, VoIP and mobile broadband services throughout the country.
- Cable Bahamas, the Bahamas' largest provider of broadband and cable TV services, selected Sigma System's device provisioning solution, DPM, to upgrade its service.
- Amnet, a cable and broadband provider in Costa Rica, Honduras and El Salvador, upgraded its OSS with Sigma's DPM.
- Also in 2011, Sigma's Active Mediation Platform with IPDR Usage Management was deployed by leading North American MSOs.
Product Innovation and Awards
- In February, Sigma launched the Telco Services Accelerator for delivery of next-generation services, including IPTV, high-speed internet and SIP-based VoIP over fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) networks. Tiscali and Bell Aliant are among the operators that have deployed this new solution in 2011.
- In May, Sigma CTO and Vice President of Engineering Brian Cappellani was named to Billing and OSS World's "Top 25 Most Influential," recognizing leaders who have greatly influenced the development of telecom software over the past year.
- In June, Sigma introduced the IP Video Services Accelerator, which allows cable providers to meet consumer demand for a "TV everywhere" experience. The IP Video Services Accelerator provides a unified view of a subscriber's profile and enables providers to provision and manage any type of linear or next-generation video entertainment service – whether it is delivered on its own or as part of a service bundle. The IP Video Services Accelerator has quickly been adopted by operators around the world, including major North American MSOs.
- In October, Sigma's Active Mediation Platform (AMP) was named to FierceCable's inaugural Fierce 15 list.
- Introduced in 2010, AMP is a convergent mediation system that collects and synchronizes network and usage information from a number of business systems using several combinations of online/offline and active/bi-directional mediation of voice, data, and content. With the ability to process billions of IPDR records each day with IPDR Streaming Protocol (IPDR/SP) usage data collection, AMP provides reliable reporting on billions of usage records each day, enabling operators to utilize this data for business analytics, to ensure accurate billing and service delivery, and to identify key usage and operational trends in the network.
- Sigma's global professional services team completed more than 100 deployment projects in FY 2011.
- Sigma's professional services teams worked with leading System Integrators, including Accenture, to incorporate its OSS solutions with major service and network transformation initiatives.
- Sigma created and deployed regional professional services teams in Latin America, North America, Europe and Japan to provide local implementation, deployment, testing and support services – optimizing our trusted partnership with customers.
- Sigma and Convergys announced a strategic reseller partnership to integrate Sigma Systems' award-winning OSS software solutions into the Convergys Smart Revenue Solutions Suite. The joint solutions will provide communications and cable/broadband/satellite providers with advanced OSS and BSS software for both residential and business markets.
"We kicked off FY 2012 with our annual Evolve user conference, where we had the opportunity to bring together our customers, partners and top industry analysts to share their insights about the evolution of service delivery," said Spencer. "I am constantly impressed by our customers' vision and execution of their business plans and look forward to working with more operators and services providers around the world to help them seize new revenue opportunities by enabling the delivery of new services."
About Sigma Systems
Sigma Systems is the proven global leader in delivering advanced IP service fulfillment solutions. Sigma Systems’ powerful solutions enable the world’s Next-Generation Operators (NGOs) to Deliver a Rich Consumer Experience through communications and entertainment services—over any access technology to any device. The company’s award-winning solutions include order management, provisioning and activation, and active mediation of residential and business VoIP, broadband, video, and triple-play and quad-play services. NGOs around the globe — including Bell Aliant, Cox, Rogers, TELUS, YouSee, NETServicos, Technology Networks, iTSCOM and ZON Multimedia — trust Sigma Systems for service transformation and innovative solutions with market-leading expertise for the delivery of today’s—and tomorrow’s—new services. For more information about Sigma Systems, visit http://www.sigma-systems.com and follow the company on Twitter at http://twitter.com/sigmasystems.